What does "das erste Mal" mean in German?
In German, "das erste Mal" means: (noun, neuter: "das Mal" )
the first time
Listen to "das erste Mal": (If you have an HTML5 enabled browser, you can listen to the native audio below)
This is a phrase that is used in the GamesForLanguage German Language Game in the following scenes:
- German 1, Level 1, Scene 1
- German 1, Level 1, Scene 2
- German 1, Level 2, Scene 1
- German 1, Level 1, Scene 3
- German 1, Level 1, Scene 4
- German 3, Level 1, Scene 4
- German 3, Level 1, Scene 5
- German 3, Level 1, Scene 6
- German 3, Level 1, Scene 8
- German 3, Level 1, Scene 12
- German 5, Level 1, Scene 1
- German 1, Level 1, Scene 6
You Want to Learn German Fast?
Not everyone will agree with Benny Lewis', the Irish Polyglot, that learning languages is easy.
But, if you are serious about learning German - and even before you buy or subscribe to any expensive courses (except, obviously, GamesforLanguage.com's German Stories, which are FREE!) - you may want to learn more about Benny's approach by clicking on his explanation of "Why German is easy!".
We recently discovered a very effective app for learning German: MosaLingua. There currently are iOS and Android apps, with a MosaLingua Desktop App for PC, Mac and Linux users in the works. You can also try out the "Lite" version for FREE!
Disclosure: The link above is to a partner's program with revenue sharing, if you decide to buy or subscribe.